What is the Canada Brand?
The Canada Brand is designed to give the Canadian food and agriculture industry a competitive advantage, through a common strategy and set of tools.
The objective is to raise the profile of and help differentiate your Canadian food products from the competition. The strategy and its elements are free to use and were developed in collaboration with industry and the provincial governments.
Who is using the Canada Brand?
Approximately 800 Canadian agri-food businesses and associations across all sectors are using the Canada Brand to enhance their local and international promotions.
Are you eligible for the Canada Brand?
The Canada Brand is open to Canadian entities that have a role in producing, promoting or supporting Canadian food and agriculture products. You are invited to join the Canada Brand and use our tools to complement and strengthen your marketing activities.
The basic eligibility requirements are that the products be grown, raised or harvested, or processed in Canada and produced in accordance with all relevant Canadian regulations related to exports.
How the Canada Brand can help you
- Branding and graphics
- Help your Canadian food products stand out from the competition and build recognition. Take advantage of graphics and design templates that have been tested with buyers and consumers in key international markets.
- Photo library
- Access an extensive bank of over 2500 high-quality photographs to use in your marketing and promotional materials. They can help communicate the attributes of your products to buyers and consumers.
- Canadian content statements
- Find commonly-used content statements that integrate our Canada Brand graphics such as "Product of Canada" or "Processed in Canada" to clearly identify and promote the Canadian content of your products.
- Messaging on Canada's advantages
- Use our messaging on the strengths of Canada's food industry to market your products. Give your products a sense of that "Canadian experience" that will appeal to your consumers.
- Promotion at Canada Pavilions
- As part of our Agriculture and Food Trade Show Service we showcase the Canada Brand graphics and identity throughout our Canada Pavilions at key international trade shows. Buyers and consumers attending these shows become familiar with the messaging and can link it to products using the brand.
Learn more on how the Canada Brand can help you grow
Contact Canada Brand
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
1341 Baseline Road
Ottawa ON K1A 0C5
Our goal is to achieve our service standards a minimum of 80% of the time under normal circumstances, we will:
- Respond to general inquiries made to our phone number or email address before the end of the next business day
- Acknowledge receipt of your application within 1 business day
- Send you a final approval or rejection notification within ten (10) business days following receipt of a fully documented application
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: